|These geese have the right idea.|
2. Find a shady place and sleep. If it is outside, you may have to move with the shade.
3. Take an early morning walk (when it's still under 30'C) to the nearest grand surface (hypermarket) and stay in air- conditioned comfort until closing time. Warning: This can be expensive.
4. Bring a good supply of reading matter and stay indoors with the shutters closed. This can weigh your suitcase down if you plan to stay a while - and read in English - and not get out and see what you travelled half a world away for.
5. Reserve a flight to a cooler clime - like the Arctic.
|Children instinctively know what to do.|
|Why not go the whole hog and get right in?|
8. Buy an ice cream and eat it VERY quickly - otherwise you will be drinking it.
|Café life in summer.|
10. Avoid coffee - however much you are hanging out for one. Or just sneak a quick short express and pretend you didn't.
11. Always, always, always wear a hat with a wide brim. Tie it on in windy weather. Or pin it with a swizzle stick like I do.
12. Pretend you like going everywhere with no make-up. It's better than having your mascara melt down your face. Besides you can cover up with sunglasses.
13. Wear clothes that don't change colour with sweat stains.
14. Accept the sweat. Don't fight it; that only makes you hotter. Allow your face and body to drip, if you keep moving you will set up an air disturbance and might even feel cooler.
15. Go to the beach and swim in the clear blue waters of the Mediterranean ALL DAY.